If there's one haircut that's consistently chic, timeless and flattering it has to be one of the bob hairstyles.
After 40, you may be dealing with thinning hair or struggling with maintaining your color (and fighting gray.) The last thing you want to do is deal with a cut that may or not be in style or flattering to your face.
Luckily the bob — curly, messy, long, short — is always in style and always flattering.
Here are six ways to wear your bob:
- Curly bobs - Adorable Meg Ryan is just one of the celebrities who opt for the blunt-cut bob for her curly locks.
- Short bobs -The beauty of the bob is that it's one of the easiest short haircuts to grow out, according to a hair pro.
- Medium-length bobs - Want something not too long, not too short? Try a medium-length cut.
- Long bobs - A longer bob gives you the clean, streamlined effect of the blunt cut but with more versatility (you can even wear it up.)
- Messy bobs - This hip new look combines beachy waves with the shorter bob hairstyles.
- Angled bobs - Shorter in the back, longer in the front, this pretty 'do is a stylized version of the bob.
Want more bobs? Bob Hair Over 40