Ever since Life Goes Strong started, we've been doing a Best of the Year list a whopping two years running now… this is the third.
That means these items would be great to incorporate into your life or daily routine to make something easier, whether it's hairstyle, hot flashes, fashion while traveling, more effective makeup and skin care or a simple mani/pedi.
And, I'm happy to say, that I have reviewed the 2010 and 2011 Best of lists and still stand by every choice – in fact, I'd love to include some of them in this year's list too, like Latisse, BOOMsticks pro-age makeup, ICU sunglasses with hidden readers – check out the two previous BEST OF lists for more information on all of them.
But I'm a purist and fair is fair.
For 2012 I've chosen a dozen items that I think can make your life easier going forward.
- Coldfront - for keeping you from getting all hot and bothered anytime, anywhere, whether the heat is coming from inside or outside.
- Hot Girls Pearlz - when this cool accessory is appropriate, it's a godsend.
- ghd flat iron hair styler - when you want your smooth shiny hair back
- ZO by Dr. Zein Obagi (especially the exfoliator) – for when you're getting serious about your skin care
- Sholdit - this was a revelation: On a recent flight, it saved me from strangling the TSA folks.
- Hanes Convert-A-Tights – another discovery I made aside from the ones I listed: they can accommodate getting a spontaneous pedicure!
- It Cosmetics mascara and Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Natural Anti-Aging Lipstick Stain — the mascara has a special wand that grabs every lash + a serum that grows lashes; the lip stain says it all— and stays on!
- Cutex - the 101-year-old company decided to update their line, and those cotton ball holders are clever little manicure savers
- Supersmile Quickee teeth whitener — it's simple: dingy teeth make you look old; imagine being able to take 5 years off in flash.
- Zerona - a way to accelerate finally getting rid of tummy bulge!
- Ultherapy for the neck - turkey nack makes you look older but there's a way to fix it without y surgery.
- Bb creams and CC creams — until they get to ZZ, these double-duty creams replace heavier foundation while lightening, brightening and protecting your skin!
As you may know, I don't always write just about items, so I thought I'd include some non-product columns I think are worth revisiting, beginning with…
The Champagne Poem for New Year's Eve!
- Fashion's Backstory – my favorite part of fashion
- Shades of Grey – Redefining Beauty as We Age
- False Eyelashes are Slimming, uh, Sort Of…
- Lovestyles of Over 50 Couples - keeping love alive stylishly
- When Fashion Matters and When It Doesn't
Ring out the Old, Sing in the New – because we need a new song.
Happy New Year!!