Fall is time to break out the rich textures and delicious colors.
This season look for traditional fall faves — like leather and knits — to take on new shapes (like leather dresses and leggings.)
While not every trend works for our age group, most of them will.
Here are the highlights of Fall 2012:
- Cozy Sweaters - Yummy knits are fall's favorite way to wrap you in comfort. Look for chunky sweaters, cabling and more to add texture to your fall looks.
- Velvet - How can you not love velvet? This year you'll find velvety pantsuits and dresses, most of them in rich jewel tones.
- Leather - Leather jackets are a fall classic, but this year you'll find lots of exciting new shapes like leather dresses, tops and skirts.
- Oxblood Red - This deep red is showing up in everything from accessories to separates: it's dramatic and a fantastic way to wake up your wardrobe.
- Statement Collars - From cute crystal collars to prim Peter Pans, statement collars bring the focus to the face.
- Peplums - Peplums bring a feminine vibe to everything from shirts to pantsuits this fall.
- Pantsuits - Simple, wearable, flattering.