Holiday wear can run the gamut from a simple shimmery sweater paired with jeans to full-out formal.
In between, holiday fashion encompasses all sorts of festive fabrics like velvet and metallic and – done the right way – can make your party-going experience less painless.
Here are some of the best holiday fashion & ideas for the season:
- Velvet. Velvet is fabulous over 40 because it tends to absorb light which means it helps camouflage the body part it's worn on. It also feels (and looks) super luxe.
- Satin. Nothing feels – or looks – sexier than satin for the holidays. Just make sure you wear it the right way so it doesn't look like you're wearing your lingerie.
- Sequins. A little bit of shine goes a very long way.
- Metallics. Gold, silver, bronze. These special colors add a festive air to anything you wear them with.
- Lace. Feeling vavoom? Try black lace as holiday wear.
- Last-Minute Casual Looks. Need a spur-of-the-moment holiday party look? Try these easy outfits.