How much better can you look by the holidays? That's the big question.
I don't want to spend another holiday dodging the camera, especially since everybody and their baby now has an iPhone (with a camera) so you cannot escape them.
We're constantly told how many shopping days left till Christmas — why not use that countdown to see how much better you can look, and subsequently feel by the holidays.
If you're like me, you might be lacking in the self-care department. So I'm doing this for several reasons:
1. When you look better you feel better.
2. When you feel better you enjoy your life more.
3. You deserve to enjoy your life, your family, the holidays, anytime.
4. Enough with the mountain of resolutions!
I wanted to get a jump on the New Years resolution track and start now, so that maybe I could enjoy the holidays a little more, too. Sound good?
This involved research as to what would work in a matter of weeks.
Flat belly. I've already told you about Zerona to get rid of tummy bulge — I tried it before and lost 8 pounds – I'm seeing if that can be sped up and Wellpath is helping me. VelaShape does something similar and they did a study on how much women hate the tummy bulge – a lot! And they are having a contest so you can win a fast flat belly.
Get on a regimen. I was going to do the Bead Diet again because I know it works but I already screwed it up. So I'm eating sensibly: Lots of veggies, apples, whole grains in the form of shredded wheat which doesn't seem to trigger the gluten reaction, fava beans are a waist whittler with slimming herbs cut in like basil, mint and parsley. And stay away from sugar, unless it' a party.
Sleep, which is next to impossible, not because I can't, just because I don't – how about you? Lack of sleep leads to 1. tummy bulge, 2. dull skin, 3. bleary eyes, 4. dark circles under them. I'm considering a Sleep Diet in the New Year but for now trying to get to bed/sleep before 11 is the goal. The women at Wellpath suggest a hard-boiled egg before bed to help accelerate weight loss – I'm all for that.
In the next several days & weeks we'll reveal more ways to look better fast, from shiny hair to home tummy tucks to instant vanishing of sagging skin – stay tuned. In the meantime:
- Brighter skin! - I just suggested Elure to the guys, but it was featured at Union Square Dermatology in their How to Look Better in 28 days plan, so it fits right into our theme – brighter skin by the holidays!
- No double chin – In No Turkey Neck, we discussed some options, and now I slather my neck every couple of hours (it's on my desk) with Skinn Cosmetics Chin-Up Pro Firming & Lifting Neck Serum, their hero ingredients: a Pro-Lift Intense complex that works to lift and contour fuller necks, and define the jaw line; coconut extract to help trim the look of double chins, and Renovage, to diminish dark spots and lines – all working together toward a trimmer, firmer, less heavy-looking neck and jaw line.
Skinn Cosmetics also has Chin Up Pro Redensifying Neck Serum, more for sagging skin — a super-strength treatment also with their Pro-Lift Intense complex for lifting, firming, tightening plus other proprietary blends for thin, dry skin on the neck (décolleté too). The goal is a firmer, more resilient, smooth neckline. Who wouldn't want the swan neck of say, an Audrey Hepburn?!
- Lash growers – Long lashes make you look instantly younger. I haven't been able to get my hands on any Latisse, but Rimmel & It mascaras have a built-in serums that deliver results; there are lots of serums on the market that foster longer lashes, Latisse just seems to work the fastest.
- Hydrate! With heat on high indoors, and col winds outside, 'tis the season for your skin to dry out fast. Water is the worst offender! Amore Pacifc Moisture Bound figured out how to hydrate your skin in a mist without using water which evaporates on the skin, making it drier (do drink water though, that works!) I keep a bottle of it on my desk and spray whenever I look away from the computer — nice refresher for computer eyes too.
The self-care part comes in incorporating this stuff into your daily routine. And you do deserve it.
More strategies that help you look better fast:
- Top 10 Slimmers & Shapers
- How to Keep Cool
- Changing Clothes: Your Best Legging
- 5 Fast Flat Belly Tricks
- Can You Really Lose Weight on Vacation?