It doesn't take buying all new fall clothes to make your look current and updated for Fall/Winter 2012.
Most fashion looks depend on a core of classics — turtlenecks, boots, jeans, etc. — with updated touches thrown in.
This year you'll find updates in the form of texture — like lace — and silhouette, such as peplums.
Here's how to wear both classics and trends perfectly — and over 40:
- Peplum top - Gives you an instant hourglass figure and hides a tummy. What's not to love?
- 7 ways to wear turtlenecks - The quickest way to hide your neck and make everything just a little chicer.
- Lace dresses - Lace dresses are instant classics, as well as the perfect way to turn up the sex appeal.
- Tall boots - You can't get through the cold weather without these staples: here's how to wear them right.
- Ankle boots – Ankle boots are trendy and add a modern edge to everything you wear them with.
- Fur vest - Add a little ooh-la-la to your look.
- 5 new ways to wear a leather jacket - This basic jacket tops everything from cocktail dresses to jeans.
- Little black dress - Yes, you really can wear this everywhere.
- Black pantsuit - Such a classic. And so many ways to wear it!
- White shirt - Build many great looks around this essential piece.
- Leopard Prints - Love a little wildness? Add leopard prints!