What took so long? Finally, there's a magazine all about nails that's not just for the professionals. Nail It! Magazine is the first-ever consumer fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazine that's all about nails. Hitting newsstands the week of February 19, 2013, Nail It! will cover nail fashion and art, celebrity styles, manicure tools, tips for nail health and wellness, and the latest trends and products. In short, everything about nails and more.
While nails are the main focus of the magazine, stories will also include beauty, hair and makeup, as well as the latest in fashion and accessories. Nail It! will also cover trends, such as the resurgence of the French Manicure. Not the "funky" French, which mixes and matches all the colors of the rainbow, but the traditional white tipped French manicure with pink or neutral shades recently seen on trend-setting Chanel's runway.
As a sneak peek into the world of Nail It!, Stephanie Lavery, the editor in chief, offers her expert nail tips and tricks.
Nail Tips For Best Results
- Don't leave your nail polish on for longer than 3 weeks. It can dry out your nails.
- Do keep a bottle of cuticle oil at your desk/in your purse/by your bed for twice-a-day application. Cuticle oil will keep your nails strong and your cuticles moisturized (less chance of hang nails or cracked skin).
- Do go to the salon to get your gel polish manicure removed. If you had the service done in a salon, then a pro will know how to remove it safely without damaging your natural nails.
- Don't let your manicurist cut your cuticles. This could lead to cuts, ingrown nails and infections. Cuticles should be pushed back with a cuticle pusher and only dead, hanging skin can be nipped off.
- Do find a salon that advertises its sanitation procedures: thoroughly cleaning the pedicure basin between each client (or switching out the disposable liners); metal tools are cleaned before being used on new clients; new files and buffers are used on every client.
Read more NAIL articles: