Ready to kick up your heels?
It just a got a whole lot easier now that party shoes for women come in pretty flat shoes.
We always say the sure sign of middle age is frumpy dressing, but clearly flats do not have to be frumpy! There are a slew of shoe styles at Giutzy.com that provide pizzazz without breaking your ankles.
This prettiest pink Lace Up Glitter Oxfords by RED Valentino ($395) are as glam as any party pumps and make you a real twinkle toes. In fact, maybe they're best for New Year's. Pair with tuxedo style trousers or jacket and you are classy with a twist.
The Marc Jacob velvet loafers (center) would look gorgeous with an A-line doll skirt a la Diane Keaton; Chloé Fringed Patent Leather Loafers with gold-tone metal tips give off a preppy vibe that parties when paired with silk slacks. The Deep V Cut Ballet Flat by Chloé ($248, far left) in soft metallic-ruby nappa leather, made in Italy, has a sensual aura with a modern edge — I see them with a flowing tunic or loose velvet lounge-wear.
- Do: have a little 1/2 inch heel.
- Do: stretch your Achilles tendon, especially if you're switching back and forth from high heels to flats.
- Do: try to wear leather if possible — it breathes!
- Don't: put more pressure on the plantar fascia — get arch supports (inserts from a drugstore will work).
- Warning: Flats can cause knee (and, sometimes, hip) problems, especially if you have flat feet.
Bonus tip: Try on shoes at the end of the day, after 5pm, because feet swell during the course of the day and this way you'll get the best idea of fit.
Follow these few simple rules and you'll be a dancing fool (in a good way) in your flat shoes.
More shoe stories: