Of all the party hair you can do, ponytail hairstyles are some of the easiest (and most youthful.)
Forget stiff updos this holiday season: try these pontail hair style tips for the freshest looks.
Not only are ponytails for longer hair, even women with shorter hair can get the same look with a quick, clip-on hair extension (available at local beauty supply stores like Sally Beauty Supply.)
Here are 6 variations on the standard ponytail, all perfect over 40:
- High ponytail. This sassy style gives you lots of youthful appeal (and a ponytail serves as an instant facelift!)
- Low ponytail. Instantly chic and flattering, the low ponytail is perfect for even your dressiest events.
- Hair-wrapped ponytail. Forget scrunchies or visible hair gadgets: the hair-wrapped ponytail is a more sophisticated approach.
- Side ponytail. For a fun twist, try a trendy side ponytail this party season.
- Assorted ponytails. Try ponytail hairstyles with volume and more fun variations.
- Braided ponytail. The fishtail braided ponytail is something fresh and new this season.