When it comes to short hairstyles over 40, there are the really short, pixie versions all the way down to a to-the-chin bob or even a shag.
So which of these haircut ideas is best for you?
The best hairstyles for short hair hair all have one thing in common: they are almost universally flattering and wearable. That goes for looks like the bob, the pixie and the short shag.
Here are specific galleries and hairstyles to inspire you:
- Short shag - The layered short hairdo is a wonderful option for thinning hair.
- Very short hairstyles - Ready to chop it all off? Here's some inspiration.
- Short bob - Cute, chic and the easiest of all short hairstyles to grow out because it's one length.
- Blonde short hairstyles over 40 - Want to go blonde or highlighted (make sure you have at least 4" of hair to highlight)? It looks soft and flattering.
- Short hair over 40 gallery - Browse through these pretty cuts to find one for yourself.
- Pixie haircuts - This youthful, timeless haircut is perfect when you want to go really short.
- 10 short celebrity hairstyles we love - From Robin Wright's short cut to Jenna Elfman's spunky style, here are 10 looks to love.
- 10 short gray hairstyles - Gray hair looks great when it's cropped short.