So which total makeover struck you the most in 2012?
Was it celebrity makeovers that featured weight loss (like Alec Baldwin?)
Or did you love the hair makeovers (like Jim Carrey?)
This year was full of surprising new looks, and the most interesting thing about all of these transformations was how many of the celebs were middle-aged men.
Here's my list of favorite celebrity makeovers for 2012:
- Alec Baldwin: The 50-something newlywed shed 30 pounds and swapped gray hair for brown. He's a new hottie!
- Teri Hatcher: Sure, she's a hottie no matter what, but Teri Hatcher's edgy bob drew criticism .
- Arnold Schwarzeneger:64-year-old Arnold went the other way with his look – going scruffier and grayer. Not everyone was a fan.
- Mary Steenburgen: The 50-something actress swaps up her usual long brown hair for bangs. It's a hit!
- Jim Carrey: Jim turned up with a total makeover, a new longer 'do and a sporty-cool wardrobe makeover. The 50-something celeb had one of the most interesting hair makeovers of the year.