Keep your look fresh & up-to-date with some expert hair style tips from the runway that still work well for over-40.
Aveda stylist Paul Hanlon designed neat, precise twists for Preen's Spring 2012 show to reflect the modern lightness of the collection... “marked by linear shapes and patterns punctuated with Victorian- era touches. We created a sleek silhouette to mirror the clean lines of the clothes--smooth and tight to the head to elegantly elongate the neck,” said Paul.
Amazingly, it can even be done for short hair! (see lower 2 images)
Aveda's lead stylist at the show, Dennis Clendennen, of Dionysus Salons in Houston (working with Hanlon), explains the steps for a short-hair “up-do”:
1. Massage 2 to 3 pumps Aveda Phomollient into damp hair, then spritz a volumizing spray (Aveda Volumizing Tonic) at the roots.
2. Blow-dry hair. Use fingers to direct hair on the sides & back of head away from the face. Direct the top & front to the side, letting hair part naturally.
3. Once hair is dry, dust with Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion & work through with fingers.
4. Smooth sides and rake top & back of hair with fingers to achieve the desired shape--sides and back should be tight to the head, the top & front should have slight volume & loose texture with a sideswept fringe.
5. Hold in place with hairspray (Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray).